Shalom and welcome to The Dumbo Gan!
The Dumbo Gan Brooklyn preschool, located right under the Manhattan Bridge overpass is a Top Rated Local® children’s learning center for children as young as 3 months to 4 years old. At The Dumbo Gan, we proudly combine both secular and Judaic studies within our child care and preschool programs.
The Dumbo Gan is a Jewish preschool and children’s learning center that integrates Judaism into everyday learning. From celebrating Jewish holidays, singing Jewish songs, and baking Challah bread every Friday, we celebrate and teach Judaism in meaningful and joyful ways. Though we are a Jewish preschool, we happily accept children of all backgrounds.
Your child’s first classroom experience sets the stage for the rest of their academic career. At The Dumbo Gan in Brooklyn, we are dedicated to creating a warm and safe environment for your child to learn and grow through fun, hands-on activities. At our children’s learning center, your child will have access to a variety of early childhood toys, games, and manipulatives. Through touching, feeling, exploring, analyzing, and investigating, learning goes beyond knowing to experiencing. At The Dumbo Gan, we strive to help your child explore their world and expand their imaginations, while developing age appropriate skills through hands-on activities and active participation.
Our certified early childhood education teachers are passionate about creating a home away from home for your child and nurturing them to have an ample sense of self-worth — the foundation for cognitive learning. In doing so, we encourage each child to learn in their own ways, at their own pace, without expecting them to perform at the level of their peers. At The Dumbo Gan Brooklyn preschool, we celebrate each student’s individual strengths.
At The Dumbo Gan kids can be kids! Here are a few things to know about our top-rated DUMBO, Brooklyn preschool:
- Accept children 3 months to 4 years old
- Open to children of all backgrounds
- School hours are 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily
- Young students take naps on cots provided
- Lunch and snacks are provided
- After care is available Monday-Friday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. for $20 per day
- The school is closed on Jewish holidays
- Weather permitting, 1’s & 2’s daily recess takes place in the school’s backyard.
- Weather permitting, 3’s & 4’s daily recess takes place at the John Street lawn in the park.